Blow molding is a manufacturing process used to form hollow plastic and glass parts and products. Products produced through this process find application across nearly every industry, including:
- Lawn and garden
- Pet products
At OMICO Plastics, we have manufactured blow molded plastic parts for all majors industries for more than half a century, and we are continually expanding our capabilities to encompass new ones. Some of the advantages of working with us include:
- Project flexibility. Depending on your project requirements, we can deliver a single component or manage the entire process.
- Product quality. We use Statistical Process Control Programming to eliminate process variation and ensure the quality of our products.
- Process documentation. We are careful to track and document material use and products at every stage of the production process to provide our customers with greater insight.
An Overview of Blow Molding
Blowing molding offers several manufacturing advantages, such as:
- Lower labor and production costs. The low pressure blow molding machinery costs less to operate than injection molding and rotational molding machinery.
- Greater variety in production methods. Further developments in blow molding have led to the creation of several different production methods like extrusion, injection, and injection-stretch blow molding.
- Broader applications. Plastic bottles are not the limit of blow molding. Today’s manufacturers take advantage of the process to produce a wide range of hollow containers and components.
- Faster production cycle times. The benefits of automation along with 3D rendering make blow molding production extremely time efficient, allowing for rapid production cycles in large volume.
Materials Used in Blow Molding
Various materials are available for different blow molding applications. Material selection takes application specifics like strength and durability, environmental usage, and cost per unit into account. The common materials used in blow molding production include:
- Polypropylene (glass filled)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Thermoplastic olefins (such as Santoprene™)
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
Common Blow Molding Applications
A complete list of specific blow molding applications would be extensive, but a few examples help to provide some insight into the widespread use of the process. Some common applications are:
- Automotive boots (protective covers, dust covers, cv covers, shock covers, etc.)
- Air ducts (HVAC ducts)
- Refrigerator components (such as conduit, drain tubes, etc.)
- Dishwasher components (such as conduit, drain tubes, etc.)
- Laundry components (such as conduit, drain tubes, etc.)
Blow Molding Capabilities at OMICO Plastics
At OMICO Plastics, we specialize in blow molding plastics for a variety of industries and applications. As we are employee-owned, every member of our team has a stake in what we produce, which ensures that every product is the best it can be.
By partnering with us, customers can take advantage of our:
- Broad range of blow molding capabilities. We offer blow molding capabilities for products ranging from one inch to six feet.
- Environmental sustainability initiatives. We are conscious of the environment and continually work to maintain an emissions-free plant and recycle waste materials.
- Award winning service. Our high-level commitment to quality and meeting the needs of our customers has earned us awards from companies like Whirlpool, General Electric, General Motors, and Hoshizaki.
Contact OMICO Today
The team at OMICO has decades of experience providing blow molded parts and products to the automotive industry. As we’ve expanded our blow molding capabilities, we’ve attained customers in a broader range of industries, including toy manufacturing, lawn and garden, and pet products. Regardless of our customer’s industry, we provide them with high quality products tailored to their project requirements.
To increase the value of working with us, we offer several additional services, including:
- Custom molded product design
- New product line development
- Product redesign for improvements or upgrades
To learn more about our blow molding capabilities or to partner with us on your next project, contact us or request a quote today.
OMICO Plastics provides blow molding capabilities. Blowing molding uses a variety of plastic and glass materials to produce pro